Fire up your post-workout nutrition a little bit with these bowls. They're so easily customizable and you can add any protein source you want on top! Personally, BBQ chicken goes nicely on almost anything. And this one doesn't disappoint.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons tamari divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blenddivided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot sauce like sriracha
- 1 block extra firm tofu cubed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 bunch scallion sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds to garnish optional
- Add quinoa, ginger, 1 teaspoon tamari, water, and 1 cup of almond milk coconut milk blend into a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes. Once the liquid has been absorbed, set aside until ready to serve.
- While the quinoa is cooking, preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a baking sheet and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, remaining 1/4 cup of almond milk coconut milk blend, remaining 2 teaspoons of tamari, lime juice, and hot sauce. Continue to whisk until smooth and pourable (add a splash of more almond milk as needed).
- Add tofu to a mixing bowl and toss with half of the peanut dressing. Transfer the tofu to the greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Once the tofu is done, assemble your bowls. Divide the quinoa, tofu, cabbage, carrots, and scallions evenly among 4 bowls. Drizzle each with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy immediately!
Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 355mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 9g