- 1 4.5 ounce can tuna (in water), drained
- 1/4 cup carrots, minced
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices 2% reduced fat cheddar or American cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- oil spray
- Combine tuna, celery, carrots, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat.
- Spray skillet with oil, and place two slices of bread on top.
- Top bread with cheese, then tuna salad and tomato. Cook on low heat until cheese melts and bread gets toasty.
- Serve immediately.
Serving: 1open face sandwich,
Carbohydrates: 14.5g, Protein: 28.5g, Fat: 6.5g, Fiber: 3.5g