It’s hard to go wrong with tacos! When the world gets crazy, at least we can do some crazy good cooking.
Welcome to the third week of cooking with Zeynep! If you haven’t seen them already, we made no flour chickpea blondies and mediterranean pizza bites! Now we got an easy shrimp taco recipe for you! There’s two parts to this. First we prepare our sauce to mix with shredded cabbage. Second, we cook our shrimp with spice seasoning.
Here’s what you need!
10-15 min prep, 10-15 min cook time
(Zeynep says 10 min each but we just added a little wiggle room for those of us not as kitchen savvy!)
Cilantro -½ batch
Green onions - ½ cup
Lime juice - 1 lime
Lime Zest - 1 tbsp
Garlic Gloves, minced - 2
Sour cream (or greek yogurt) ½ cup
Shredded Cabbage - 1 ½ cup (or packaged slaw)
Shrimp cleaned (400g)
Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
Salt ½ tsp
Spice mix (cumin, pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, oregano, paprika)
Avocado - 1 or as many as you want!
Salsa - your taco, your choice
Cheese - same here
Corn Tortilla - this is going to be amazing!
1. Put your sour cream (or greek yogurt) into a blender.
2. Add in your green onion and cilantro.
3. Zest up one lime and add it in with the lime juice.
4. Add your olive oil and BLEND!
5. Mix half the sauce with cabbage, and save the rest for the taco!
1. Put your pan on medium heat
2. Mix your shrimp with the spice
3. When the pan is heated enough, add 2 tbsp oil
4. Prepare guacamole with avocado, pinos, and tostito sauce.
Finally, assemble your taco!
Put in your shrimp in the middle, then the slaw and guacamole with a bit of salsa.
But we’re not here to tell you how to taco! If you have favourite ingredients, for sure put them in.
How did you find this recipe? Let us know! Whether you followed it to a tee or made your own version, we want to see it! Share it on our Care-mongering Nutrition and Fitness group or tag us at @mybodzii on Instagram.
Every Sunday at 2pm, we post a new recipe in our Instagram highlights. Follow us for more.