Coming at you again with another easy recipe from FitMenCook!
Every time I make this one, I top it with BBQ chicken, or salmon. Make sure you're getting that additional protein in!
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (medium-grain or long-grain)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 12 – 15)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (OPTIONAL)
- hot sauce to taste (I used Tabasco)
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Set a nonstick skillet or cast-iron skillet on high heat. Once hot, add the frozen corn and the bell pepper. Let the veggies rest in the skillet untouched for 1 – 3 minutes until a deep sear appears on the corn and peppers, then mix them together in the skillet using a spatula for another 1 – 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ALL of the ingredients and toss together. Season to taste with hot sauce, sea salt & pepper.