Chicken and marinade
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, thin cut will work well too
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Juice from 1 lime about 1 tablespoon
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
- 1 cup grilled and diced pineapple
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch salt
- Preheat your grill to 400F degrees.
- If your chicken breasts are thick, butterfly them and add them to a Ziploc bag. Gently pound the chicken using the soft side of a mallet. You will want the chicken to be about ¼ inch thick.
- Once the chicken is pounded thin, add the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, thinly sliced garlic, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to the Ziploc bag.
- Zip the bag closed and massage the chicken making sure it is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Let the chicken to marinate for 20-25 minutes before grilling. While the chicken is marinating, you’ll prepare the salsa.
- Dice the grilled pineapple into small evenly sized cubes. Add it to a mixing bowl.
- Next, finely dice the shallots and jalapeno. Add them to the bowl with the pineapple.
- Dice the red pepper and remove the corn kernels from the cob. Add everything to the mixing bowl along with a pinch of salt. Canned corn will work fine too!
- Add the lime juice and gently combine all of the ingredients. Once well combined set aside.
- Carefully place a sheet of foil on the heated grill.
- Place the chicken on the foil, since it is well coated in the olive oil mixture it will not stick.
- Grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Since it is pounded thin, it will cook pretty quickly.
- Remove from the grill and arrange the chicken on a platter. Top with the pineapple jalapeno salsa. As an optional garnish, try adding some crushed peanuts and sliced scallions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a few lime wedges!
Carbohydrates: 16.5g, Protein: 41g, Fat: 18.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 124.5mg, Sodium: 225mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 8g